A storyboard created to illustrate the Project Implementation Essay submitted on 10th October 2017.
1. A typical vacant plot, 4731-4733 S Michigan Avenue, is illustrated above.
2. BUD’s ‘Sunflower Power’ scheme is put into action on the vacant plot.
3. Sunflowers harvested for oil in the autumn. Winter cover crop (such as hairy vetch) sown.
4. CCLBA erects signboard advertising availability of sunflower-remediated plot for use as community allotment.
5. Demountable pavilion built by apprentices at nearby non-profit workshop provided to newly formed community group.
6. Community group grows food on plot for 2 years, then CCLBA reallocates to different nearby vacant site.